A plant-based or a vegan diet does not involve the use of any animal products, including dairy, poultry, meat, and other animal obtained products. When followed properly, a vegan diet might prove highly nutritious, might aid in weight loss, and also help in reducing the risk of certain chronic diseases. A vegan diet comprises only plant-based foods. And those following this diet strictly avoid using any animal products. Being a vegan does not mean only making changes in your food habits, but making lifestyle changes.
Vegans include lots of wholesome foods in their diet. They tend to intake plenty of vegetables, fruits, beans, legumes, nuts, seeds, and whole grains. Consuming a variety of foods provides a wide range of vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and other essential nutrients. Substituting meat with a wholesome plant-based food in your diet means cleansing your body of saturated animal fats and replacing them with healthful fats.
It might seem like a daunting task transitioning to a plant-based diet from an unrestricted diet. But it is not as difficult as it might seem. All you need is to follow certain guidelines, and you are good to go. You can start gradually and slowly. Start by stocking up your pantry with whole grains, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds. Your taste buds might take some time getting used to a different palate, but eventually, you will start appreciating real taste devoid of any preservatives or MSG. It might take a while, but you will eventually find a vegan meal plan dubai that will suit your taste.
A balanced diet is very important to ensure that you get all the essential nutrients from a plant-based diet. You can easily attain this goal by mindful eating. There are certain nutrients that you need to include in your diet every day and, that’s about it. We are listing below the nutrients you need to focus on including in your diet :
- Iron – This nutrient plays a major role in producing red blood cells. The red blood cells help in transporting oxygen throughout the body. Plant-based sources of iron include dark leafy greens, broccoli, cashew nuts, dried apricots and figs, beans, and quinoa.
- Calcium – It is very crucial for bone health. Dairy products are very calcium-rich. However, there are plant-based sources of foods that are also rich in calcium. Eating leafy greens will amp up your calcium requirements. Also, foods like chickpeas, tahini, bok choy, and tofu are good sources of calcium.
- Protein – Contrary to popular beliefs, getting protein through plant-based food is not an impossible task. There are so many protein-rich plant-based foods that will provide your body with sufficient protein. Soy products like tofu, tempeh, and edamame are very rich in protein. Apart from this, lentils, beans, legumes, chia seeds, quinoa, hemp seeds, and even leafy greens.
- Vitamin B-12 – There are few plant-based sources of vitamin B-12. However, it is okay to take supplements Vitamin B-12. There are certain plant-based food sources like nutritional yeast, seaweed, mushrooms, tempeh, fermented teas and kombucha, and even fermented vegetables like kimchi.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids – There are quite a few plant-based sources of food that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, among these are – walnuts, flaxseed, brussels sprouts, hemp seeds, soya bean oil, kidney beans, and algal oil.
The change might seem a bit intimidating initially. But there are many ways to incorporate essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals into your daily diet through plant-based foods. A vegan diet might also offer certain health benefits. Since vegan foods are low in calories and have less saturated fat content. The key to a healthy vegan diet is to plan your meals carefully to ensure that you are getting all the essential nutrients in your diet.
By taking a vegan route, you can make a healthier lifestyle choice for the rest of your life. However, you need to make the correct choices. It is important to refrain from junk food and opt for nutritional, whole foods instead. A vegan diet is antioxidant and fiber-rich. These compounds might aid in preventing certain health concerns. At Root’D, we have successfully busted the myth of a vegan diet being bland. You can make salads taste a lot better by adding different dressings and seasonings. You can substitute classic meals with vegan alternatives. The use of herbs, seasonings, spices, and fresh ingredients enhances the taste of even the simplest of dishes.
At Root’D, by Freakin Healthy, we have devised many healthy vegan meal plans to suit your nutritional requirements. We have the best vegan meal plan delivery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah. We offer you the best home-style cooked meals that are prepared with fresh plant-based ingredients according to your nutritional preferences. The meals are delivered delicious and hot at your doorstep. All you have to do is scroll through our website and select your meal plan. There are many options available for you to choose from. You can start by subscribing to our monthly plant-based meal plan.