Recipe provided by Munchmeals by Janet
Prep Time for Avocado and Herb Pesto Sandwich: 15 minutes
Method to Prepare Avocado and Herb Pesto Sandwich
- Add all Herb Pesto ingredients to a food processor, and blend until smooth: (1/2 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves, ¼ cup (packed fresh parsley), 1 tbsp. (packed) fresh dill, ¼ cup olive oil, ¼ cup shredded vegan parmesan, 3 tbsp. toasted pine nuts, ½ tsp. kosher salt, ¼ tsp. pepper, juice of ¼ lemon, 1 large garlic clove, minced).
- Toast the 6 slices of brioche bread.
- While bread is toasting, slice 1½ avocados, 2 Roma tomatoes, and 1/8 of red onion.
- To assemble, spread 1 to 1 ½ tbsp. of pesto on bottom bread slices for the sandwiches, and a little less on the top slices. Layer sliced avocado on bottom slices, then repeat for sliced tomato and red onion.
- Serve sandwiches with any remaining pesto. For those of us who are calorie conscious, can also try it as an open-faced sandwich (Save one slice).
Ingredients for Avocado and Herb Pesto Sandwich:
- 6 slices Sprouts Brioche Plant-Based Bread
- 1 ½ avocados (Ripe)
- 2 Roma tomatoes or 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/8 of a medium red onion (if desired)
Herb Pesto Ingredients
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. packed fresh dill
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup shredded vegan parmesan
- 3 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 large garlic clove minced